3 minute read
First Aid Courses have continued throughout Covid-19 so you can bring your qualification up to date. This is because Regulators have classed First Aid as ‘Essential’ training enabling workplaces and work activities to remain safe through the provision of First Aiders and to remain open.
For most people, a First Aid at Work Course may be the first time they have been in a classroom environment for a long time.
Hints and Tips – what to expect on the day:
- Remember 2m distancing and wearing masks.
- Hand gel and gloves will be provided.
- Practical assessments will be done hands-off to limit touching.
- Interactive training between learners will be replaced with trainer demonstration and learners working on assessments on their own.
- Wear warm clothing in the colder months to aid the airing of rooms. Clothing should also be comfortable clothing to assist you to do physical tasks.
- There may seem a lot of information to take in so feel free to ask lots of questions to make sure you understand the recommended processes.
- Be prepared to take notes.
- Breaks will be provided in the morning, lunch and afternoon please bring your own packed lunch.
- Refreshments will not be provided to prevent Covid -19, so please bring your own drink and lunch/snacks.
- A test of your practical knowledge; and also, a multiple question test of your theory knowledge is there to ensure you are confident in applying your learning.
- Do not attend if you feel unwell; are shielding or have been in contact with someone with covid-19. You can transfer to another course if you end up falling into one of these categories!
- Please complete a Lateral Flow test 48 hours before attending your First Aid course.
8 replies on “What to Expect on your First Aid Course During the Covid-19 Pandemic”
Attended this course mid May 2021. Excellent course delivery, brilliant teacher! Thank you so much, especially as was tricky with social distancing rules.
Thank you for your kind comments. Glad you enjoyed the course, hope to see you in three years for your refresher.
Just attended the first aid course with Matt.
It was well run, with good content, information and practical practice.
Hi Emma thanks for your kind comments about the training
Attend first aid course 8th,9th,10th I enjoyed Matt class he was great to learn from and made the class enjoyable to learn and I learnt some much different things from experiences .
Glad you enjoyed the training
Great course and trainer, feel confident to go forward and administer first aid, thank you 😊
Glad you feel more confident after completing the course.